Porcelain veneers can transform teeth that are worn, chipped, discolored, or misaligned. Cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael Morgan of Downers Grove produces lifelike results with veneers. He guarantees that you will love your new smile.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Ultra-thin pieces of porcelain (about 0.3 mm) are custom made to fit the front of your teeth. Veneers are bonded to your teeth to give you a beautiful smile makeover. If you take excellent care of them, they can last ten to twenty years.
Who Is a Candidate for Them?
Most people who have healthy teeth and gums can receive porcelain veneers. Since veneers cover the front of your teeth and reach your gumline, any decay or inflammation will be addressed before you receive veneers. Dr. Morgan will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums to determine if this is the right treatment for your case.
We will start by discussing your smile goals. Like most people, you probably have preferences for the shape, color, and length of your teeth. We will show you our smile guide of makeovers to help you think about subtle details that can help you receive exactly the look you want. Your smile makeover should complement your facial features and personality. Dr. Morgan has the experience to guide you in the decision-making process for the bold, conservative, sexy, or celebrity smile you want.
Dr. Morgan often uses ultra-thin veneers that require no preparation of your natural teeth. Other types of veneers require the shaving of a small amount (usually 0.3 to 0.5 mm) of tooth enamel to help the veneers fit tightly, to prevent them from looking bulky, and to provide a natural look at your gumline.
Our next steps are to:
- show you a wax model of your smile design. Let us know what you love about it, along with any details you want Dr. Morgan to change. We won’t go to the next step until you approve the model.
- use the wax model to make provisional (temporary) veneers that you will later try in.
- prepare your teeth, if necessary, to ensure the veneers fit well. Take impressions of your teeth that will be used by Dr. Morgan’s master ceramist to custom craft veneers for a perfect fit.
- place your provisional veneers. You will wear them long enough to see how your porcelain veneers will look and feel. If you have any hesitation, Dr. Morgan will make adjustments or have them remade until your smile is perfect.
- send impressions of your new smile, pictures of your teeth and face, and instructions to Dr. Morgan’s ceramist. Porcelain veneers will be made that are an exact duplicate of the provisional smile you’ve been wearing, that you love.
Your Porcelain Veneers Are Ready!
You will try on the veneers, and Dr. Morgan will ensure they fit precisely. When the fit is perfect, he will he permanently bond them to your teeth. You will have a beautiful smile makeover that you helped design!
Why Choose Dr. Morgan?
Dr. Morgan has advanced training in cosmetic dentistry. And more impressively, he has been an instructor at two of the most prestigious post-graduate institutes in the world—the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, and the University of the Pacific in San Francisco. Other dentists have Dr. Morgan as their first choice for their own striking, natural-looking smile makeover. Read about his beautiful smile guarantee.
When you receive porcelain veneers from Dr. Morgan, each time you smile will make a beautiful impression. Call us to request an appointment or a complimentary consultation, or complete the Request an Appointment form.